Game of Thrones Season 1 episode guide
New York Times bestselling author George R. R. Martin created the ongoing epic fantasy series, A Song of Ice and Fire, almost as a response to the limitations set upon him and his writing during his career as a Hollywood screenwriter.
He wanted to create something that was “unfilmable” – an epic story with a cast of thousands.
Thankfully, HBO’s Game of Thrones proved him wrong, bringing Martin’s masterpiece to television viewers around the globe.
The show was an instant hit and was immediately renewed for a second season after the first episode was aired. Game of Thrones is based on the first book of the series, and it spans a total of 10 episodes, running 1 hour each.
Here are Game of Thrones short episode guide to the series first season:
- Episode 1: Winter is Coming
- Episode 2: The Kingsroad
- Episode 3: Lord Snow
- Episode 4: Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things
- Episode 5: The Wolf and The Lion
- Episode 6: A Golden Crown
- Episode 7: You Win or You Die
- Episode 8: The Pointy End
- Episode 9: Baelor
- Episode 10: Fire and Blood